My Town Monday in Kelowna

A typical view in the Kelowna's Okanagan Valley which surrounds Lake Okanagan - an eight mile long lake and home of the Ogopogo monster. (No sightings to report.)


We visited the Naramata Bench area near Penticton, just south of Kelowna.


I got to visit some wineries and do some taste-testing. Best of all was the view and glorious summer-like weather. Yes, those are grapes in that photo.

I also did some hiking in the hills - and a lot of noisy singing - as we warded off potential bears. The name 'kelowna' comes from an aboriginal word meaning 'grizzly bear'.

Fortunately, the closest I got to bear, was a stuffed boar in a restaurant.


Travel some more by visiting more My Town Monday Posts!

2 comments:

Barrie said...

Can you believe I've never been to British Columbia!?

debra said...

Looks like a beautiful place. I've wanted to go to that area for a long time.

Recent Posts

Fitting In

Just read C all Me Al, written by Wali Shah and Eric Walters . It’s a middle grade novel exploring the immigrant experience in Canada. Hav...